Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday ISO: Writing Desk/Nightstand

Writing Desk as seen in Better Homes & Gardens
We're going to have lots of guests. At least I (part of me) hope so! I've got *lots* of ideas on how to make the guest room the most accommodating and many will be the subject of future ISO columns, I'm sure.

I'm not a matchy-matchy kinda girl. Keith is a matchy-matchy kinda guy, though, which does present its own design challenges, ha ha!

I think He is going to let me have some fun with the guest room, though.  Because I'm not matchy-matchy, I don't want matching nightstands. And, I know I want one of them to be a writing desk.

Keith's brother always has to work when he's hear (sad!) and my parents check their e-mail quite a bit on their visits. I think a writing-desk style nightstand would give people the space and the privacy needed to work. 

I came across this one in an issue of Better Homes & Gardens a few months ago and tore it out. Sadly, they didn't provide credit for it in the resources section. To me, it looks like an Ikea piece or maybe it's from the Better Homes & Gardens' collection at Wal-mart.

Regardless, I'm on the hunt for something that will work as a writing desk AND a nightstand.

Join the hunt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See if this works for you Megan:
www.onewayfurniture.com/cpc-5863.html