Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Inspiration.

I am very excited about picking out the finishes for the new house. But, it's turned out to be quite a challenge! Before moving to Tampa, Keith and I were working on redoing our master bedroom. While doing that, we stumbled upon our true design style. I'm not sure if there's an actual name to be assigned with it, but I like to think of it as British Isles meets Glam...BIG? Ha!

It's dark wood-finishes combined with grays and blues and a touch of metallic glitz.

I found an artist that really embodied our color scheme and was perfect for our new waterfront home. Her name is Gabriella Fiabane and she has galleries in both Key West and Nantucket. Find some of her works here: Watercolor Studio.

This is the picture that we're using to inspire us. It's from Gabriella's Sunrise Study series.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Megan, it's a great pleasure and an honor to have my work displayed in your blog and your home.
What a great floor plan, truly a dream home.

Warmest regards,
Gabriella