Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Everybody thinks They're a Foodie...

But Gina Giradot Melton actually is one. A lawyer-by-day and a food blogger-by-night, I had the pleasure of meeting Gina--perhaps one of my first Tampa friends!--for lunch the other day after reading her website, Zest.

Gina met me at Paninoteca in Downtown Tampa, a quaint little Mediterranean joint. Oddly enough, I'm very familiar with the corner it's on, Franklin and Twiggs, as I've met people--twice--at the coffee shop across the street!

The lunch was yummy and I would go there again.

But, I'm most impressed with Zest. It's a restaurant finder for Floridians. There are a lot of restaurant guides for tourists, but Zest really hits home with the folks who call Florida home. In addition to Tampa restaurants, Gina reviews those in Orlando, Miami and other locales around the state.

So, if you plan a visit to Chez Licursi anytime soon and we go out to dinner? We'll be hitting Gina and Zest up for some recommendations.

No comments: