Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Bathrooms, Tiles, Ceilings and More

This update is filled with Tongue and Grooves (ceilings), and lots of little squares!  In the last 2 weeks we've seen more paint go on the walls, but the real work taking shape is the Bahama Room ceiling and the tile everywhere.

Megan and I were sold on the stained wood ceiling after seeing it in the model...Tile all over the 1st floor however, is one where I lost the battle.  I must say...it does look nice now!

The Bathrooms are finally done and one that we spent WAAAAAY too long at the tile stores.  All in all they came out pretty good. I'm not sure I'm still totally sold on this "Band" thing everyone has going, but in the right places I guess it works. 

Take a look and let us know what you think.  We are going to start a coundown until the day we NEEED to be in the house.  Guests are coming and the end of July is the deadline...that will be a new feature to the site this week.  I'm not sure if it will make us more excited or get us more nervous.  Either way...it's coming!!!



Bahama Room Ceiling Going Up!
A view from the 2nd story into the Bahama Room Ceiling.

We have a window in almost every shower...did
we do that by design!?!?!?


I actually don't mind this one!


Can you see the band inside this window?


This doesn't do it justice...our basket weave in the
Master Marble.

One of my favorites!  1 X 2's

Our attempt at tieing in the basket weave...
No interior designer needed.

Literally the last tile being layed.

Look but don't walk!!!!!!!!!


Great...now we're gunna need to do something with
those steps!!!!


1 comment:

brokenteepee said...

It looks so cool and refreshing. That wood ceiling is gorgeous!