Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A program for Those with Paint Phobia

I received an e-mail this morning from the lovely people at Valspar:


Did you know that 43% of consumers lack confidence in color selection, and that color selection is the single biggest barrier in the paint process?
 Commitment to a color and the chance that a bad choice can be made is the root of all of the anxiety around color.

I know this is certainly true with Keith and me. I am BEGGING him to paint an accent wall in our Living Room. The wall I want to paint is the wall you see upon entering the front door. It has gorgeous windows and I think the accent color would really make a statement.

The inspirational layout of our Living Room
According to Valspar, now Keith might not have a reason to be scared. If he doesn't like it, we can paint it again!

"To help take the apprehension out of the color selection process - and to ensure consumers find a color that they love - Valspar introduces the Valspar Love Your Color Guarantee – a new color assurance program offering a complimentary replacement color to anyone who does not absolutely love their first color choice. Through October 8th, 2012, if you buy a paint color and you’re not 100% satisfied, you can get another one, on Valspar."

I went on to Valspar.com to browse the colors. Here's what I'm thinking:

Valspar is working with Designer and HGTV star, Genevieve Gorder. I wonder if she would provide her opinion on this?!?!?!


2 comments:

Jen said...

We are in the process of buying and I am totally digging all your pins! Sherwin Williams also has a color visualizer that will allow you to upload a photo of your room and "paint" the walls. (This coming from a girl who has a purple kitchen and a chocolate brown accent all -- http://www.iloveyoumorenoiloveyoumore.com/2012/04/true-house-love.html)

Jen said...

And by buying, I meant buying a new house :)