Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Color Conundrum

With the roof and stucco on the near horizon, Keith and I began a full-court press to settle on choose the outside paint color.   

You should know that we approached this from opposite ends of the spectrum: I wanted blues. Keith wanted something more in the sunset family.

There's a condo in our current subdivision that Keith and I both love. And, it's yellow. So we set out to find that match. And, I tossed in a few blues just for fun.  Here are the contenders, all from Sherwin-Williams:







The swatches don't really do the actual colors any justice! We ended up getting samples of each of the paints and painting swatches on the house.

In the meantime, which one do you like?

9 comments:

erin said...

I like afternoon....

Farrah said...

Ebbtide and Afternoon are nice (course I'd say that since I have similar shades inside my house!) Outside though I'm thinking that Ebbtide would look really nice.

Unknown said...

you seriously want me to comment on wether you want your house to gold and blue?

NetWorkingWitches said...

I love Jet Stream. The house is going to be so beautiful when it's done and the location! My gosh it's a dream come true!

Sofia @ From PDX with Love said...

I love Ebbtide the most! But it is mostly because I don't like yellow walls...though Afternoon is pretty as well! Tough one...

Catherine said...

I like ebbtide the best, but the yellows are nice, too.

Unknown said...

I like Jetstream...it's not too light nor too dark.

Hope you keep us updated during the process:)

Ascending Butterfly said...

They are totally different feelings, 'Honey Blush' and 'Ebbtide' are great 'outdoors' colors. I've used a color similar to 'Afternoon' in my kitchen and I've used a color similar to 'Jetstream' in my kitchen. 'Humble Gold' is nice, but gives me a more 'SouthWestern' feeling.....

Mrs4444 said...

I like Drizzle :) Good luck!!