Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

A new blog to follow: Centsational Girl has the Thriftstore Eye

I just came across a new-to-me blogger, Centsational Girl. I love her recent post on Thriftstore Finds. She's got a great eye.

I love, love, love, Sarah's House on HGTV. One of the things I love to do is Thriftway Shop. I haven't found all the hidden spots in Tampa, but I have found one that I love called The Missing Piece. I check their site on a regular basis to see what new things have come in.

But, where I fall short and where Centsational Girl and Sarah come in is seeing how a piece could potentially be reupholstered, painted, etc. to be so lovely.

I can identify the lines I like, but would have no idea on where to begin to take it to get it "spray coated" like Sarah suggests on her show all the time.

Nor do I know if that would be less expensive than buying an already-perfect piece.

Maybe we can coax Centsational Girl into giving us a few tips...

1 comment:

Kate Riley said...

Hey thanks for the linky love and friendly shout out! So happy to give tips, have you visited my projects page? Take a peek, you'll find something to inspire for sure!

http://www.centsationalgirl.com/tutorials/

Happy to offer any tips on a special piece you find.

xo
Kate