Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sticks & Stones

Lots of progress on the house this week--it's starting to look like a house! It's been fun to stand in the actual "rooms" and get a feel for the space. The builder explained that there were phases where the house would seem big (post-block, after drywall, etc) but we're in a small phase now. The studs seem to dwarf it all. And, while I know the house will be much larger than our Ohio house or the condo we're renting now, it's odd to be able to walk from one side of the house to the other in a matter of seconds. I'm anxious to see the second story go on (which is happening as I type) and then for the roof, electrical, plumbing, drywall...

This view is one that won't be there once the drywall goes up! It's the
guestroom looking into the family room and kitchen.
Great view of the two-story family room.

This is my office (Megan's). We made the closet a bit smaller
so that the pantry was a bit bigger (see below). I've been playing
with space layouts now that I see where the doors will be :) 

It really has been fun to watch the building process through
Jackson's eyes. Here he is in the living room.

Stairs! They actually build the first three steps
from scratch (the remaining treads are one-piece).
I love how the bottom fans out.

A good view of the newly-bigger pantry. I can't
wait to see how much food we can stuff in here.
And, see what Jackson manages to hide!

No comments: