Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oyster Rockafeller...Er...Licursi


A while ago, Keith and I suscribed to Coastal Living to get ideas on decorating. I flipped through one issue and saw a beautiful oyster painting.

What excited me more is that Keith liked it, too! We tend to disagree when it comes to artwork. I hurried to find out who made this.  Unfortunately, Coastal Living didn't give credit to the artist. All I could make out was the signature, so I googled "Bellamy Oyster". And Found It! Bellamy's artwork lives on interior designer Jane Coslick's  web store.

The website says that Bellamy Murphy grew up on the water and spent countless hours fishing, crabbing and shrimping. It certainly still serves as inspriation. 

I'm proud to say that this painting will hang somewhere in our house. I'm trying to find the right place, but it's proving tough to "see" the final house from the blueprints. I think it might go in the entry where everyone can see it when they go in.

Where do you think it should go? (Hint, the blueprints live at the bottom of this blog!)

No comments: